Texas A&M College of Architecture graduates head nine of the 100 fastest-growing companies owned or led by former students according to the 2014 Aggie 100 list compiled by Mays Business School’s Center for New Ventures and Entrepreneurship.
Members of this elite group were feted Oct. 17-18 at several campus events where they networked with fellow Aggie 100 entrepreneurs and current students.
To qualify for the Aggie 100, businesses had to be operating more than five years as of June 30, 2014, have verifiable revenues of more than $250,000 in 2011 and be conducting operations consistent with the Aggie Code of Honor.
Listed below are the nine 2014 Aggie 100 honorees from the College of Architecture, their business and its Aggie 100 ranking based on percentage growth from 2011-13:
- Michael Scheurich ’92, Bachelor of Building Construction, president and CEO, Arch-Con Corporation, No. 4;
- Tim Lyness ’88, Mike Lyness ’95, James Murr ’01, BDCR graduates and executives of Lyness Construction LP, No. 8;
- Michael Padik Jr. ’98, BDCR, owner and founder of Watermark & Company, a design and renovation builder, No. 16;
- Philip Annis ’83 and Frank Krenek ’80, BDCR graduates and presidents of Embree Group of Companies, No. 17;
- Rayburn J. Donaldson ’04, Bachelor of Environmental Design and principal of Three Square Design Group, No. 31 ;
- Phil Wales ’75, Bachelor of Environmental Design, Master of Architecture, president and CEO, Ebusiness Stragies, LLC, No. 52;
- Wes Good ’88, Bachelor of Enivonmental Design, Master of Architecture and managing principal, Kirksey Architecture, No. 56;
- Gerald Schwarz ’82 Bachelor of Environmental Design and Master of Architecture, Tod Hanson ’88, Bachelor of Building Construction, Bachelor of Environmental Design and Master of Architecture, executives with Schwarz Hanson Architects, No. 59, and
- Ryan Pape ’02 Bachelor of Landscape Architecture, owner and founder of Papescapes, LLC, No. 88.
November 4, 2014